Sunday, April 21, 2013

DIY Scarf Sandals

This is my first non-mark post and I hope to do more posts like this in the future. This idea is not an original of mine, it is something I saw on Pinterest and thought I would try it. It was so simple and inexpensive I thought I would share. :)

First I went to the Dollar Tree and bought a pair of flip flops and a light Summer scarf. For only $2 if I messed it up or it didn't go as planned no big deal, right? I got these gold trimmed flip flops and this sort of nude/yellow/tan scarf. Not my first choice of colors but this was the only scarf left at my local Dollar Tree. (On the website they have more colors!) 


Next I laid out the scarf, folded it in half, and cut it in half so I had 2 long pieces. 


Then I took one piece of the scarf, found the middle, and positioned it around the toe part of the sandal. This was the tricky part. At first I tried tying a knot around the toe part but that seemed too bulky and of course gave me less scarf to work with. So I held the scarf in place with a safety pin while I wrapped one side of the sandal strap. You could also hold it in place with a paper clip or clothes pin. You will remove whatever it is you use after you wrap the first side.


After I wrapped one side, I tied the scarf in a tight knot around the bottom of the strap so it didn't come undone. It didn't seem to matter if I wrapped the scarf under or over the sandal strap just as long as it's covered and the scarf isn't bunchy. Then I wrapped the other side of the sandal strap.


That is pretty much all there is to this DIY. 


I think they turned out pretty cute especially for $2!!!


When I put the sandals on I wrapped the ties around the back of my ankle first then around the front and tied the bow on the side of my ankle. 



A little tip if you wanted to spend more time creating or use more expensive materials I would suggest sewing or hemming the side of the scarf that you cut. Mine unraveled a little bit and left loose threads around my work area. 

Now for weather warm enough to take my new sandals for a test run! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...