Friday, April 8, 2016

How To Make An Old LBD New Again

To celebrate the release of Avon's Little Black Dress fragrance, Word of Alicia and I teamed up to share our LBD style! We both took an old little black dress and made it look fresh again.  



Sometimes the best shopping can be done in your own closet. Taking an old staple and adding new accessories or a jacket can stretch the life of an outdated piece.  


When I think about a little black dress, I picture an elegant cocktail dress with lots of sparkly jewelry and stunning high heels. Something you would slip on to go to a glamorous restaurant or party. Reality check - I'm a casual girl and don't own anything like that. I found this old, simple LBD in the back of my closet. It has an empire waist and one shoulder. Unfortunately, it is no longer very stylish. I started thinking, what can I do to make this dress look good again? I have to give three cheers to Pinterest for some awesome inspiration! Visit my board!

Denim jacket, long necklace, scarf, all things I have in my closet. The fabric of my old LBD is super casual and I still adore my denim jacket so...



... this is what I put together. Pearls are just as classic as the LBD and since it is still chilly here, I added a bright, printed scarf. It is amazing what a few Avon accessories, red lips, and a jacket can do for an outfit! 

I am wearing Avon True Color Perfectly Matte Lipstick in
coral fever and Avon Wish Me Luck Charm Bracelet.

I'm wearing Avon Three Print Scarf PackAvon Modern Pearlesque Long Necklace.


Check out Word of Alicia's LBD style below and click here to read her post! 
"Shopping my closet allowed me to take this old sleeveless mark. dress and make it new again by layering a collared shirt underneath.  Not only did it breath new life into my existing items it also created a wear to work style perfect for spring weather with the convertible sleeves.  Adding on the Avon Style Swap Ocean Ave Necklace gave it a little more sophistication and the mark. clutch and shoes made it fun!  This LBD look will easily be recreated again!"



Shop Avon's Little Black Dress fragrance and the Little Black Dress Boutique at my eStore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...