Thursday, September 19, 2013

Avon Clearskin® Pore Penetrating Black Mineral Mask Review

I saw this in the Avon brochure and had a few customers order it so I thought I would try it out myself. I also asked my sister to give it a try for a second opinion.  
What is my skin like? I am in my late 20s and I still get acne. I have a ton of blackheads on my nose and cheeks and my pores are clogged and huge. My skin gets oily as the day goes by. Where I've had an acne spot the skin usually gets really dry and peels as the zit heals. 
What is my normal skincare routine? I wash my face in the shower daily alternating mark That's Deep Purifying Gel Cleanser and mark Act Normal Daily Foaming Cleanser then moisturizing with mark Matte Chance Mattifying Lotion. I only wash once a day unless I wear makeup that day (about once a week) which of course I wash off before bed. 

This product says it "pulls like a magnet to draw out pore-clogging dirt & oil" which sounds exactly like what I need!



How does it work? We began with day old skin on a non-makeup day. The directions say to apply a thin layer to your face, wait 10-15 minutes for the mask to turn gray, then rinse it off with warm water. 


Just after we applied the mask!

I am glad to say this mask doesn't have a harsh smell. Right after we put it on I could feel a cooling sensation all over my face. Sarah didn't feel the cooling. She said she started to feel the tightening after a few minutes. I think I applied a thicker layer to my face then she did because it took me longer to feel the tightening effect and to turn gray. Be careful not to get it on the delicate area under the eye because I had a little there and the feeling was a little strange (it didn't hurt but it felt weird). 


Yes I am feeling less smiley after I saw that I had more big dots than Sarah!

This is us after about 15 minutes. If you make the photo bigger you can see our giant pores and spots especially on our noses. Sarah rinsed her mask off first and afterwards she said her face felt clean and smooth. I checked on her a little later to see if her skin had any kind of reaction but she said it felt fine and clean. After I rinsed my face it felt clean and smooth too. About 5-10 minutes later my skin felt warm and when I looked in the mirror I had redness on my cheeks and forehead. At first I thought I had rubbed my face too hard on the towel when I was drying off but the warmness and redness continued for about 30 minutes after I rinsed my face. As for our pores, we both thought that our noses looked like we had less blackheads. 

I was concerned that I might have an acne breakout after I used this product but now that it is 5 days later I haven't had any problems. I will share an update when I use it again to see if I have the same reaction. 

If you are interested in trying this Clearskin® product or the rest of the line visit my Avon eStore: http://ericagerlemann.avonrepresentative.com/ -> shop now -> skincare -> Clearskin. 

UPDATE 9/25: I've used this product 4 times now and I haven't noticed any significant change in the size of my pores. I do feel like my nose might have a few less blackheads. I haven't had an acne breakout due to this product, which is a good sign. Also times 2-4 did not give me the same redness/warmth reaction as the first time. I'm going to keep using it mostly because I bought it and have a whole tube and don't want to let it go to waste. Plus I still have my fingers crossed I will eventually see a change in pore size. I will let you know what happens!

UPDATE 10/17: So it's been about a month of twice a week use and I haven't noticed much of a change in pore size. I feel like maybe there are a few less blackheads on my cheeks but that is the only change I've noticed. 

UPDATE 1/9/14: I'm still using the mask twice a week. I have noticed some receding of blackheads on the apples of my cheeks. Blackheads used to cover the entire "apples" area but are now only noticeable closer to my nose. The blackheads on my nose, chin, and forehead have not changed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...