Thursday, March 17, 2016

My Style: mark. Light & Layered Top Edition

This post is all about my new top from mark.girl! I was originally drawn to it because it was lightweight, a neutral color, unique, and perfect for hot Summer days. I hoped I would be able to wear it casually with jeans or fun patterned shorts. It is definitely all of those things!



Description: 
• Sleeveless
• One layer has a round neckline, the other has a V-neck 
• Top layer that ties in back is shorter than the bottom layer 
• Back is only one layer 
• Back drops down do near shoulder blades in a V-shape 
• Hi-low hem
• Adjustable tie in back for more fitted look if desired.  

My Style: I wanted to give it a casual, Summery feel. I paired the top with dark denim shorts, plaid sneakers, Avon's Inner Wisdom Necklace, simple black and gold earrings, and a black bracelet.

My Review: I ordered a small (my go-to mark. size) and the length fit fine. My biggest problem with this top is the shoulder straps. The straps come over really far on my shoulders. I put the top on first, then my shorts, etc. and the straps fell down the entire time. Two things could be causing my strap dilemma: my upper body shape or the size of the top. I tried adjusting the back tie but nothing helped. You are probably wondering what I wore underneath such a sheer top. First I tried a nude bandeau strapless bra and was surprised at how well it worked. I also tried it with a bright cami and regular bra but with the shoulder strap issue, you could see the cami and bra straps. It was a layering mess.  





You can find mark. Light and Layered Top at the mark. boutique inside my Avon eStore + all of the newest fashions from mark.'s Spring collections!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...