Monday, May 18, 2015

DIY - Daisy Nail Art

While perusing YouTube for some cool Avon videos, I came across this nail art tutorial from Avon UK for Spring nails. I love art and appreciate the work people put into their nail designs but my own art skills are well just plain bad. I saw this daisy tutorial and thought hey maybe I can do that. 


First I gathered my supplies. A base nail color, white polish for the petals, yellow for middle, and a dotting nail art tool. TIP: If you don't have a nail art tool to make dots, you can put a straight pin in the eraser of a pencil.


I used a light blue (Avon Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel in Alaska) base but I think any pastel color or even black would make a cool base. I used Avon Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel in Iceberg White for the petals and Wet n Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in D'oh! for the middle. You could even do neon flowers for a little retro "flower power" look. 



How did it go for me? Pretty well considering my skill level. I only put the blue base on a couple fingers because the humidity at my place was absolutely disgusting. It took the polish forever to dry. I like the look without a base color too although I would do a clear coat on top for a little shine.  Happy ManiMonday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...