Sunday, July 14, 2019

Avon 2-in-1 Lip Tattoo Lip Line & Fill Duo Review


This is Avon 2-in-1 Lip Tattoo Lip Line & Fill Duo in shade Inked Rose! 💋 I was excited to try this product and shade. Why? I hate it when I eat/drink and the color wipes off (plus my sister pokes fun at my when I reapply my lipstick in public) and I could use a mauve pink in my lip collection. Here's what happened...




A close-up look at the dual ended applicator. It is thin on one end for lining lips and bigger and thicker on the other for filling in lips. 

UPDATE: July 26, 2019 - new shade photos and review



So I ordered a new shade and it is awesome!!! I do love a red lip after all.  I applied Lip Tattoo in shade Renegade Ruby and I added a layer of Crave Lip Gloss in strawberry glaze on top for a little shine. The shade actually matches the tube and is a nice deep, red color. Now for the crazy part - it lasted a looooong time, like all through the night long. I put it on in the afternoon, ate ice cream, had dinner (I wiped my mouth with napkins), brushed my teeth and there was still color. More like a cherry popsicle color than the deep red I started with but it was amazing! Before bed, I used an Avon makeup wipe to clean my face and lips and there was still color. I couldn't get it off. Even when I woke up the next morning I still had some red on my lips (none on the pillow). How crazy is that? I took a picture


July 14, 2019 - photos & review below




Above is freshly applied Lip Tattoo. I put it on right before I left the house and snapped a couple selfies in the natural light. 



Here I am a few hours later after I ate lunch. I drank with a straw and wiped my mouth multiple times with a napkin. Still lots of color.



Here I am a little later after I used a makeup wipe to try to wipe off the lip color. 

Lets talk the positives and negatives...



Negatives: I don't like that the color is super different then advertised. Above is Avon's picture of Inked Rose on the model. Clearly a very different look then on my lips. I was expecting a pink mauve not a deep wine color. While I like the applicator, I wish I could have smeared around the product like a cream or gloss so I could have had more control over the blending and filling. Where you put it is where it stays.

Positives: The formula definitely has staying power. I didn't have makeup goo on my food or have to reapply after eating. There is a "set it and forget it" kind of vibe. I also liked that I didn't have to find a liner to match, it was all there in one product. I do want to try a different shade. Probably renegade ruby.



Avon 2-in-1 Lip Tattoo Lip Line & Fill Duo - A bold lip inspires a bold life, so go out of your comfort zone with our dual-ended lip stain. Saturated color meets serious staying power for a pout that makes a lasting impression. From picture-perfect pageants to cheerleading the big game—or just rocking the holiday party—these six long-lasting shades will stay put until the heels (or sneaks) come off! 

Tip: Store your Lip Tattoo horizontal so the product stays evenly distributed on both sides!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...