Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Deco Drama Studs Earrings


Art Deco inspired jewelry seems to be very popular this winter. Curious about the style I went to Wikipedia for a crash course on what Art Deco is and to see it these mark earrings really do reflect that style.

Wikipedia defines Art Deco as "an eclectic style that combines traditional craft motifs with Machine Age imagery and materials. The style is often characterized by rich colors, bold geometric shapes and lavish ornamentation. During its heyday Art Deco represented luxury, glamour, exuberance, and faith in social and technological progress."

We definitely have the rich blue color, symmetrical square/diamond geometric shape, and lavish rhinestone ornamentation

My review: The blue shade is more of a navy blue than the bright blue the website photos show. They are a little heavy for my ear. I'm wearing them with the back that came with them but I might try to use a bigger back that gives more coverage. These earrings are one of the most unusual pairs that I own. They are definitely your taste or definitely not your taste. I'm not sure what I'll wear them with but am willing to give them a try. :)



DETAILS
• These fabulous post earrings pack a ton of Deco detail into just one square inch each!
• Brass and enamel with pavĂ© glass rhinestones
• 1" L x 1" W


Fan of the Art Deco style? Order your earrings now at my mark eboutique, http://egerlemann.mymarkstore.com/ -> shop entire collection -> fashion -> jewelry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New & Now - Avon Campaign 23 (2023)

  WHAT'S NEW - Cozy gifts  like slippers and pjs are now in the Holiday Shop! - Glimmer Nail Lacquer- Matte-llic Crystals : new nail sha...