Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Style: Aztec Empire Edition

Last Sunday I hosted my annual Summer Avon at home party. Of course I had to wear-and-share a look created with Avon products! I knew the party would be small so I decided to keep it casual and trendy.


Printed shorts are a huge trend this Summer. I've seen them everywhere from celebs to magazines to my fave shopping spots. These are the mark Aztec Empire Shorts from Avon, a must-have for Summer! I personally found that these shorts are running a little small in size. I usually get a small in mark but I needed a medium this time. The waist is a little higher than what I would normally wear but that's perfect for a higher cut or cropped top. TMI here: I have to be careful when buying shorts because I have trouble with them riding up in the crotch area when I walk. :( The Aztec Empire Shorts are a good length for me, short enough not to be bermuda length but not too short that they ride up.  


To top it off I wore this black shimmer, sheer back, high-low tank that I got at Wal-mart last Summer (here is something similar from walmart.com). Choosing a top was difficult. I had a bunch that would match. It came down to the fit of the top. This top is a little higher in the front and fit well with the higher waist shorts. I think the shorts would look great with a mint top as well which I might have to purchase. :)


My long feather necklace is a loner from my sister. This gorgeous star jewelry is Avon's Starfish 3 Piece Gift Set! For a limited time you can get the necklace, bracelet, and earrings for an amazing price!!! For makeup I used Avon's Extra Lasting Eyeliner in black for a little bit of a winged out effect and mark's Make It Rich Lip Color Crayon in punch (here is a similar lip color from Avon)! 


I'm wearing my Faded Glory Women's Low Rope Wedge Sandal from Walmart and I clipped on mark's Step Right Up Shoe Clips (from mark's holiday '13 collection) to change up the look of my shoes.



If you want to copy my look for less, Avon and mark have this coupon available for online shoppers now - 6/27/14! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

New & Now - Avon Campaign 9 (2024)

  Avon Campaign 9 featuring Far Away Escape Eau de Parfum! https:// Journey to the glistening pink sand beaches of faraway islands with b...