Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Avon Skin So Soft Fresh & Smooth Moisturizing Facial Hair Removal Cream Review

I think this is a problem for all ladies, upper lip hair. Yuck! How do we get rid of it? Shaving, waxing, depilatories, etc. I just started with Avon and thought I would try their SSS depilatory that is made specially for facial hair. 


Confession time. My upper lip hair comes in fairly thick and dark and I usually shave it off about once a week. I know shaving bad, blah, blah but that's what I did. I tried to get a before picture but I couldn't get it close enough to see the hair without it being blurry. Sorry about that but you'll just have to trust me that the hair was there. 

Step 1: Gather up these supplies and read the directions! 


Step 2: Apply the cream. The tube has a lip gloss type top so you can easily squeeze it on. I used a thick layer since my hair had grown out for two weeks. 


Step 3: Wait the 2.5 minutes the label suggests. Be careful about the time (more on that later).
Oh and it helps to have a cute little helper to pass the time!


Step 4: Wipe it off with a wash cloth and warm water. 

Step 5: I applied a thick layer of a nice soothing lotion with aloe. A bit of concealer to hide my acne and some pretty, pretty pink lip gloss and you are good to go!


My review:
When I squeezed it out I was worried that the smell was going to be bad. There is a little bit of smell that I probably wouldn't notice if the product wasn't right under my nose. It doesn't smell as strong as other depilatories I've tried on my legs. The first time I used this product, I left it on a little longer than suggested and it made the area by the corners of my mouth dry. I didn't notice any major growth until about a week and a  half after use. The second time I used it my skin started to burn a little. I recommend trying not to get it on your actual lips. Definitely keep track of the time you have it on and wipe it off if it starts to burn. Overall this is a good product. It takes off the hair like it's supposed to with only minimal side effects.

Get a tube to try for yourself at my Avon eStore: http://ericagerlemann.avonrepresentative.com/ -> shop now -> Skin So Soft -> depilatories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New & Now - Avon Campaign 9 (2024)

  Avon Campaign 9 featuring Far Away Escape Eau de Parfum! https:// Journey to the glistening pink sand beaches of faraway islands with b...